Call 863.686.0975 to speak to Lakeland Premise Liability Lawyer, Gail Cheatwood about your legal needs.
Property owners and business establishments, and homeowners have a lawful duty to provide a safe environment for individuals who visit their premises or property. If you are injured because a property owner fails to provide a safe environment, you may have a right to bring a claim for various damages incurred due to your injuries.
Premise liability cases may involve any dangerous physical condition, or environmental condition which cases injury. This also includes situations in which there are known threats by other individuals or groups of people on the property, and the owner or resident of that property has not taken adequate steps to ensure a visitors safety.
Premise liability claims are often often the result of injuries due to:
- Failure of the homeowner, property owner, or business owner to take adequate steps necessary to ensure visitors are not harmed by a known threat of others who are present on the premise;
- Liquid substances left on a floor surface;
- Failure to properly remove snow from walkways, sidewalks, and parking areas;
- Slick floor surfaces;
- Stairs or steps which are not in accordance with city code;
- Walkways which are too steep;
- Carpets or rugs which are not properly secure;
- Carpets or rugs which have snags, holes or other damage;
- Walkways, sidewalks, and parking areas which have potholes;
- Lawn or grass areas which have significant holes or unsafe dips in the terrain;
- Any other unsafe condition which may cause one to slip, trip or fall, resulting in an injury.
Call 863.686.0975 to schedule a confidential legal consultation with Lakeland Premise Liability Attorney, Gail Cheatwood about your legal needs.
Law Office of Gail Cheatwood, P.A.
Attorney, Gail Cheatwood | 863.686.0975