Lakeland Domestic Injunction Attorney
Experience Domestic Injunction Lawyer, Gail Cheatwood, providing professional Domestic Injunction, Divorce, and Family Law Attorney Legal Services in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Polk County, Tampa, Hillsborough County and Central Florida.
Call 863.686.0975 to speak to Lakeland Domestic Injunction Attorney, Gail Cheatwood about your Divorce and Family Law legal needs.
Sometimes when a relationship or marriage ends, one of the parties does not handle the situation in a mature and responsible manner. Based on this instability, perceived or vocal physical threats, or prior domestic violence incidents, an individual may request a domestic injunction protective order, also commonly referred to as a restraining order.
A domestic injunction is a court ordered injunction specifying stipulations for an individual to have no contact with the individual or other parties named in the protective court order.
A domestic injunction, or order of protection, basically serves two main purposes:
- To inform the recipient of the restraining order of the legal restrictions which have been ordered against them;
- To create legal sanctions if the Court’s order is violated.
Call Central Florida Divorce and Family Law Lawyer, Gail Cheatwood today at 863.686.0975.
Basic elements necessary for a domestic violence injunction, or order of protection include:
- Must be between family or household members;
- The Petitioner must have been the victim of domestic violence or is in fear of an imminent attack;
- The sworn petition must allege the existence of domestic violence with supporting facts; and
- Jurisdiction is where the Petitioner currently resides, temporarily resides; where Respondent resides, and where domestic violence occurred.
Many times a domestic injunction can be ordered under the threat of, or a previous history of:
- Assault or aggravated assault;
- Domestic battery or aggravated battery;
- Sexual assault or sexual battery;
- Stalking or aggravated stalking;
- Kidnapping or false imprisonment;
- or any other criminal offense resulting in physical injury to any family or household member by another who is or was residing in the same single dwelling unit.
Call 863.686.0975 to schedule a confidential legal consultation with Lakeland Domestic Injunction Attorney, Gail Cheatwood about your Divorce and Family Law legal needs.